November 17, 2008

30 weeks... and growing! 10 weeks till we meet our Ava girl!

Ava's development in pregnancy week 30:

Ava's in seventh month The light is visible at the end of the tunnel! Your over sized self and amazing growing baby have finally reached the single digits (in terms of weeks till birth)! The fine lanugo hair that has been growing all over their little monkey-like body is going to start falling off this week in preparation for the big day. But don’t be shocked if they’re hairier than you’d anticipated, some babies keep their lanugo until after birth. Still, it’s not any cause to be concerned as it will fall off eventually. No surprises here: your little porker is getting even cuter with increasingly pudgy arms and legs this week thanks to the ever-growing layers of subcutaneous fat. In terms of numbers, your baby should be weighing in at around 3 pounds 12 ounces (or more!) and be nearly 16 inches long.


How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

We are so excited that we are down to 10 weeks till week 40 and possibly might be meeting out little angel sooner! But either way sooner or later we are just so happy to meet her whenever she does arrive!!! I feel like Her and I have a bond and she knows right where I put my hand on my tummy and she will just press up against it! she also does that for Dez! Its not so much a kick but just pushing up against where we are!

The other night I was asleep on the couch and Dez said that he could see her moving all around my tummy! I am glad that he gets to see her move! I feel like I get to enjoy it all and he just has to deal with me being tired and emotional all the time. but then when he gets to see something or feel something she does then I feel like he is amazed just as much as I am! I know that the most amazing part of all of this will be when he gets to hold his little girl for the first time! I think that will be the most defining time for him throughout this whole experience! I don't have much to complain about I feel like I Have been extremely lucky with being this far along. I am sure that it is not going to improve but I feel like I could feel way worse than I do! I am so happy that this so far has been a great pregnancy! Just hoping that it continues! I do feel myself getting more sleepy and have started taking iron pills at the request of the doctor. Just a few head aches here and there but not lasting long. Other than that just a little sore and getting a little hard to get up and down. But I am sure that is to be expected! Whenever I feel like complaining about anything I just look at the pictures of her and It seems to totally make me forget about all the discomfort I may be experiencing! or When she kicks and moves! those times just make me forget about any negative things that I have gone through so far!

We can't wait to see and hold our baby girl for the first time!!!!



I am posting the pictures again!!!!









No comments: