January 23, 2009

Amazing Ava! The first 24 hours in the outside world.

At 5:22 on Thursday the 22nd, Ava entered the world. Weighing 8lbs and 2oz and a very long 23 inches...(even some of the nurses had to double check on that) we are still trying to figure that one out. She is super-precious, As soon as they took her out of my belly they showed her to me then cleaned her up and then Dez took her to the nursery while i was finishing up in the O.R. I think i was in surgery for a total of maybe 45 minutes from start to finish. In the nursery They took all of her vitals, did footprints and hand prints, and all the normal after birth procedures. Then about 30 minutes later, they took her out to the grandparents in the waiting area before taking her on into the recovery room to see mommy and have her first meal. Around 30 minutes later, they took us to our family room...it's great, not as much room as the last one, but great!

I was coming in and out of sleeping while people were visiting. I am sure i fell asleep mid conversation. Today i am very sore. but that is to be expected with a c-section. Things get a little better all the time. I have a feeling i will take a few steps back over night due to the fact that i do not move around as much.

They just took Ava to weigh her and run her vitals. I will have her back in a few minutes. They just gave me some pain meds. so as soon as those start kicking in i am getting Ava back and will feed her and snuggle with her.

Oh i can't express how much of a wonderful feeling it is to hold her and love on her. And as weird as i thought breast feeding would be it is a wonderful experience and bonding time with my little angel!!! Dez is so wonderful with her! He is really an amazing father and man. He has been so amazing in my hard times. He is just really patient with me and caring he looks out for my every need. Not to mention Ava has already bonded with him so much. He cuddles with her and has changed ALL of her diapers and swaddles her everytime. I am unable to bend in ways that are needed to change diapers and swaddle and pick her up! He does everything.

I am going to try to upload some pictures of her right now but the computer is very slow and we have had troubles uploading them but i will try...

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Aw so sweet! I wanna be there so bad!!! I can't believe your a mommy!!!