January 6, 2009

words of wisdom and comfort...

Tonight i got an email from a friend who is also expecting. She emailed me about my last blog and really opened my eyes to somethings and gave me great incite into giving birth and some of the things that could possibly come with induction and some of the risks.

I am so grateful for her input and the fact that she took the time to help me understand what i am so incredible clueless about. It really opened my eyes to the fact that i am anxious and nervous excited and just really want our baby girl in our arms.

Bottom line is the things that she told me about inducing before Ava and my body are ready unless of course she is late are not things that i want to go through nor risk for our little girl! i read the email to Des and he agreed. We are excited and can't wait for our little girl to get here but we know that she will be here when she is good and ready! God knows when and has a plan for the day she is to be in our arms and that is not meant for us to decide.

our eyes were open to that tonight when we read about some of the things like the fact that it could be more painful throwing your body into labor instead of it doing it on its own. and that sometimes it can lead to a c/section which we would also like to avoid if possible!

I know she is just as anxious and excited to have her little baby boy in her arms too so she knows the feelings i am having and it makes it so much easier to know that someone who is in my position telling me that it is worth the wait!!! also i just had a thought that what if the doctors are a week off of my due date and she is not ready. i know that she could survive at this point and be fine but i would not want her to have to go into intensive care because we took her too early! I want God to let us know when she is ready to be here! We have to put our faith in the fact that he knows best and he is the one who created her and knows when she is ready to venture out into the world. We are just so blessed that He has given her to us to look after and take care of. She is a wonderful gift and We know that it is nothing to be rushed.

This makes me think back to stories in the Bible about people who did not wait on God and while things did not always turn out bad there was clear signs of the way things would have been and how much better things would have been had they waited on God. So that is what we are going to do is just give all our anxiousness and worries to God and know that He has full control over what is going to happen and we are going to be blessed with a wonderful baby girl in a few weeks no matter what time she arrives!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful night! Thank you so much Belinda for all of your wonderful advice!!!

No comments: