January 13, 2009

So I went to the doctor today....

Well it started yesterday I was not feeling good nothing serious just a little swelling and just feeling uncomfortable probably all normal with being toward the end of pregnancy but I staid home just in case plus i really could use the rest! This morning i went into work and was doing ok... then i started feeling dizzy and foggy. I tried to keep working but could not get over the feeling that something was not right. well Ava was still moving and everything else seemed normal with her it was just that i was feeling weird. So i decided to call the doctor and see what her opinion was. She never makes me come in if she thinks it is nothing to worry about. She has never made me come in for anything so far usually just tells me to drink a lot more water and rest.

Well i called her and she did want me to come in and see her just to check my swelling and blood pressure. she thought it might have gone up more than last time. last time i went to see her it was 130/70. she said it was not bad and a little higher than what she thought the top number should be but nothing to worry about and just would keep an eye on it.

When i went in to see her they took my blood pressure and it was 124/80 so the top number went down and the bottom one increased. she said it was a little high still and she wanted to hook me up to a monitor to listen to the heartbeat and see if i am contracting at all. So they hooked me up and I got to listen to the heartbeat for about 30 minutes. Loved it! it sounds so strong!!! Which is always the reasuring and by far the BEST part of every appointment. So they left me in the room for a while and she went to other patents while i let the monitor run for a while. she came in a few times and looked at it and said looks good and baby's heart beat was strong! the last time she came in to check she said i had about 2 contractions in the 20-30 minutes i was in there. it was not a huge one the first time but it was bigger the second time. but nothing to send me to the hospital for! just little ones and i didnt even really feel them. so not yet on the contractions (well that i can feel.)

she also checked me and i am dialated to a 1!!! so that is awesome news. she ended the appointment with putting me on bed rest at least till my next appointment which is thursday of this week. so really two days of rest for now! but that is good i feel like i need to rest! I am also taking a 24 hour test to see if i have pre-eclampsia. she doesnt' think i do but they want to be totally sure that their test at the office is not missing something important so we are going to do this 24 hour test and see what happens.

Everything is perfect with little Ava and there is nothing to worry about. if i go back on thursday and the test shows that i have pre-eclampsia then she might want to induce on thursday but she thinks that everything should be fine and we will be able to hold off on inducing. but we are ready just in case she feels it is nessessary. she does not think that i will make it to 40 weeks though. I don't know if that means she doesn't want me to get to 40 weeks or if she thinks she will come before then. either way its her call on whatever she thinks is best for our little girl!!!

No comments: