January 15, 2009

Doctors appointment and when we might see our little Ava...

So we went to the doctor today and had the results of my test and she was glad to tell me that i do not have Pre- Eclampsia!!!!! so that is awesome! i was really hoping that i didn't have it. She said that my blood pressure continues to increase but its nothing too bad yet. She said that based on my blood pressure that we are looking at her wanting to induce next week possibly after our thursday appointment. She is keeping me on bed rest because she said that i look much better and fears that sending me back to work would make me swell much more than i am now and she wants to keep it down and it will also hopefully keep my blood pressure down as well. It was 138/74 i think is what the bottom number is. might have been 70. either way she said its not horrible still higher than she would like to see but not scary enough to induce today. But she is talking about wanting to induce maybe around thursday or friday of next week (of course if i don't go into labor before) which she said could happen as well.

my mom is going to get here the day we have our appointment so it is looking like for now that she is going to get to be here for the birth. she said she did not want me to pass my due date because of blood pressure. so that is not exactly what we wanted but at the same time we are glad and will do whatever the doctor thinks is best for our little girl!

We love our doctor so much!!! she is amazing and i would never change for anything. she has made us feel so comfortable and made dez very relaxed about it all. Mostly because he feels like me going to appointments for a while by myself (about 34 weeks on till today) he did go with me today because there was a chance that we would be induced today so he wanted to be there. and he is going to continue going until after she is born due to it could be anytime now.

Other than that not much to report except that i am still on bed rest for good and she just wants me to relax and do nothing (twist my arm right?!?!?!)

Well that is our update for now and i will continue to update this everyday now probably due to the fact that i have way more time to do so!!!

My next appointment is Thursday Jan. 22 at around 4:30pm. so a week from today!!!!

Oh and the baby she said is weighing in at about 7 1/2 lbs is what she is estimating right now so she could be about 8 lbs when she is born. which is good for her to be so healthy but not so much for me LOL!!! im sure everything will be fine! plus she could be smaller. Either way as long as she is healthy is all that matters.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Wow everything sounds great, cant believe you will have a little girl soon, makes me jealous. I cant wait to meet my little man. Keep me update I am always reading this to get an update on you.